You know I don't really like being grumpy, but I am not going to be here tomorrow or Thursday to be grumpy in person, so I need to post it - sorry 'bout that!
There are a few things that I think need reminding, if it doesn't affect you, read and digest it... if it does, take it on board and don't be salty! Also, NO BLAMING/FINGER POINTING! All of us have things we can do better.
1. Phones. These need to go on the windowsill at the beginning of the day. You may check them at LUNCHTIME and not before. If Mrs B asks you to put them somewhere else, then do as she asks please.
2. Laptops. NOBODY needs to be on their laptop BEFORE School, during interval or lunchtime UNLESS they have permission form myself, Mrs B or Mr Kuipers.
3. Manners. It is really rude to do these things, and I would like you very much to not do them.
- to have earplugs/headphones in your ears when anyone is talking to you, or to the class in general.
- to have your laptops up while you are being given instructions
- arguing with/talking back to an adult
- talking over/whispering/writing notes etc while an adult is talking to the class. Get into the habit of keeping whatever you are thinking inside your head. Nobody needs to know immediately, not even your bestie beside you. Wait until the adult has finished speaking.
4. Foyer. The foyer and store room is a tip. You may not just help yourself to the things in the back storeroom, or the photocopy area because I have noticed that the things you get out are not being put back. Look after the things that are in our school please.
5. My Desk Area. Out of bounds. I would prefer that you didn't help yourself to just anything on the desk or drawers. The shelves and cupboard behind my desk are out of bounds; allen keys have been taken and not returned, screwdrivers not put away... grrrr Chances are, if you ask, then I will say yes, but please ask. I will place tape, a stapler etc at the front of the class for general use when you genuinely need to use it but if I see it being wasted I will remove the privilege.
6. Breaks. Eat your morning tea/lunch outside UNLESS it is a wet day. Also, if you are NOT cooking toasties etc but waiting for a friend, wait OUTSIDE.
Rant over. ( Phew! )
:) Thank you.