I can hardly believe that it is the end of May and the last day of Autumn today!
Today after our Princes Court visit (if we go - check with Mrs B) we will be...
It's going to be a great day!
Just when you thought that there was enough Wednesday.... here's some more!
I need you to look at least 5 of these words up and find out:
1. What it is
2. Where it is found
3. What it does it do
4. How does it affect us if we don't have it?
Be ready to present your findings tomorrow!
Hey there R6...
IT'S WEDNESDAY... :D
Actually it's Wordy Wednesday today! Stand by for what that's all about!
Our day will look a bit like this:
Some of you have been stressing about getting your reading responses in by Thursday night... if you are having trouble, please come and see me, we can work something out. NO STRESS OK?!!!
And finally, big shout out to Hannah for the amazing job she did of tidying the bench and cleaning the toasty maker and the microwave! Obviously we have a problem with this, so if it isn't clean when I get to school each morning I will be taking them away. If you have a good, sensible idea that you think will work for keeping the area clean, write it in the comments! Thanks team!
See you after interval!
p.s., I can't seem to get the comments to work, but I'll keep trying!
Yay! It's Thankful Thursday - what are you thankful for this week? Write something different than what you did last week... there is always something to be thankful for!
How was your day yesterday?
To be honest, the R6 I taught yesterday (Y3/4 at Allenton) are cute but you guys ROCK!
After my little argument with my bike the other day, I am proud to say I have some awesome bruises, I was hoping for a small scar of some sort to remember it all by, but I guess I have to settle for the bruises! Thanks for completing the survey - I guess that the 4 who didn't complete it were just 'busy' on their laptops... It's very helpful for us to see how the event can be improved, so make sure you do it if you haven't already.
Did you have a look at the Rubric for the reading responses? I think it will help you to really focus on what you need to do to improve on the marks you had last time.
Have fun at Princes Court tomorrow :)
See you on Monday,
ps, here's a little something I found to help you get into the 'Thankful' mood ;) Enjoy (with your speakers down of course!)
Hi Room 6,
Today and tomorrow I am away; Mrs B will have you for the day :) (oh my word, I just dropped a dope rhyme ;) )
You did such a great job of the organisation of Wheels Day, well done! Today I would like you to have a time of reflection - what went well, what can be improved, what advice will you give to the next lot of Y9s coming through? Please complete the online survey :)
So if Mrs B doesn't have anything else she would like you to do, after Interval, you will continue (or begin, for some) with our new concept - COMMUNITY. I have made a new page for this (it's a dropdown menu under 'Mrs W' on the nav bar). Please read the instructions carefully and then continue with the work.
I have had a look at some of your reading responses and I think some of you need to give a bit more detail. According to the marking rubric that Mr Hill made, just doing 5 paragraphs will not give you an excellence - the paragraphs need to be well written and longer than 1 sentence! Have another look at the rubric, it tells you what you need to do to get a good mark. If you have already submitted it, I am absolutely ok for you to redo/rework your response. You can check in with me about it by email or in person on Monday.
Also, please read the post below... I have had to be a bit grumpy...
I'll be in touch tomorrow as well, watch this space!
Have a great day!
You know I don't really like being grumpy, but I am not going to be here tomorrow or Thursday to be grumpy in person, so I need to post it - sorry 'bout that!
There are a few things that I think need reminding, if it doesn't affect you, read and digest it... if it does, take it on board and don't be salty! Also, NO BLAMING/FINGER POINTING! All of us have things we can do better.
1. Phones. These need to go on the windowsill at the beginning of the day. You may check them at LUNCHTIME and not before. If Mrs B asks you to put them somewhere else, then do as she asks please.
2. Laptops. NOBODY needs to be on their laptop BEFORE School, during interval or lunchtime UNLESS they have permission form myself, Mrs B or Mr Kuipers.
3. Manners. It is really rude to do these things, and I would like you very much to not do them.
- to have earplugs/headphones in your ears when anyone is talking to you, or to the class in general.
- to have your laptops up while you are being given instructions
- arguing with/talking back to an adult
- talking over/whispering/writing notes etc while an adult is talking to the class. Get into the habit of keeping whatever you are thinking inside your head. Nobody needs to know immediately, not even your bestie beside you. Wait until the adult has finished speaking.
4. Foyer. The foyer and store room is a tip. You may not just help yourself to the things in the back storeroom, or the photocopy area because I have noticed that the things you get out are not being put back. Look after the things that are in our school please.
5. My Desk Area. Out of bounds. I would prefer that you didn't help yourself to just anything on the desk or drawers. The shelves and cupboard behind my desk are out of bounds; allen keys have been taken and not returned, screwdrivers not put away... grrrr Chances are, if you ask, then I will say yes, but please ask. I will place tape, a stapler etc at the front of the class for general use when you genuinely need to use it but if I see it being wasted I will remove the privilege.
6. Breaks. Eat your morning tea/lunch outside UNLESS it is a wet day. Also, if you are NOT cooking toasties etc but waiting for a friend, wait OUTSIDE.
Rant over. ( Phew! )
:) Thank you.
Good Morning Room 6!
It's Wheels Day! Whoop! Whoop!
I'm expecting to see some amazing tricks from you today!
See you later!
This website has the outline of the project.
This is a very long document, but it gives some pictures of what is being proposed as well as challenges the council face and other considerations.
Hey there R6,
Yay! It's Monday again!
Here's something to get you in the groove for the week! PLEASE HAVE YOUR VOLUME TURNED DOWN! :D
I think that today will be a busy day for us; we have the final few presentations to be made and then we will need to make the final touches to the preparations for Wheels Day. In addition to that, I think a few of you will need to be marshals on the Cross Country course held at ACS today. I am not 100% sure about that though, so we'll check with Mrs Gilbert.
See you after Interval :)
p.s. I haven't practiced my jumps yet, but I'm pretty sure I will look like this: